Friday, July 23, 2010

From the Weary to the Innocent

The harsh light of sunrise
through the window pours
and melting in it's glory
mystic - battle scared
Does love always surrender?
Or does it sometimes fight?
Or, in fear of being captured,
run screaming through the night?

In dreams, the tears of the lonely
run streaming down my face
Searching for the Only
Washed from place to place
In prayers that are never answered
I only call your name
Pleading, repeating the mantras
Broken, tossed away

The hollow praise and glory
fades into the grey
Just slam the door and close your eyes
and quickly turn the page
I dreamed I was an angel
and I watched for days and days
but, the vision brought me anger
and I shook my fist in rage


(I never thought I'd feel these things
I never thought the day
would come when I'd express myself
in broken down cliches
[The symbols are connecting in a strange, but fluid way])


From the weary to the innocent
whose life is fresh and pure
I offer you no wisdom
I offer you no cure
but, I feel I should leave something
for the journey, sad and long
I offer no salvation
I only have a song.

No comments:

Post a Comment