Sunday, July 4, 2010

The "So What?" dept. presents: BLAB! (1980)

Today is Sunday, March 23. Last night, Russell and I went to The Crest to see Sidewinder. We went in, began drinking and waited for the show to begin. When the band came on and the flash pods went off, Russell looked excited. This wasn't exactly his scene, but he seemed to really enjoy the heavy rock and roll.
At some point, last night, after drinking away most of our money, we saw a girl with straight blonde hair that went down past her ankles. No exaggeration! I told her that she had beautiful hair. I had to say something. It was so unusual.
Russell got bombed and couldn't leave the stairs. I left him sitting there and went and introduced myself to a girl. I sat down at her table and we talked. I then went to the bar and bought us each a beer. I had asked her what she was drinking, but I was pretty drunk (or I wouldn't have gone up to her to begin with) and the music was loud and I brought back the wrong kind. Her name was Debra. A friend of hers came and sat down. Debra introduced us. "Stephanie, this is Jimmi. Jimmi, this is Stephanie."
Debra had sort of short dirty blonde hair and, I think, green eyes. She wore a jean jacket. She had a kind of punky, rock and roll air about her - and it turned me on. Stephanie was more feminine. She had on a nice dress and had long, dark hair. I whispered things to Stephanie like, "Your friend is beautiful!" and she would smile. Then I said, "Oh! And you are, too!" She said "Thank you" - once again smiling, ever so nicely. Then I said, "I love her!" Stephanie laughed and said, "She's a nice girl."

No comments:

Post a Comment