Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The Music Project. (Summation)

This list seemed impossible from the outset. I have been collecting records (LPs, 45s, 8 Tracks, Cassettes, CDs) for over 40 years. My collection is in the thousands, and my tastes are eclectic - everything from early rock and roll to old country to hard rock, new wave, punk, pop, classical, disco, jazz, ambient, glam... You get it, I love music.
I knew it would be difficult to pare things down for this project, but I didn't know how difficult. I feel as if I need to provide a list of vital artists I didn't mention. Not that this list will, in any way, be comprehensive.
Anyway, here we go:

Abba
Aerosmith
Chet Atkins
Avalanche
Beethoven
Bad Brains
Les Baxter
Black Sabbath
Brand X
The Carpenters
Chic
Patsy Cline
Chick Corea
Devo
Nick Drake
Electric Light Orchestra
Ella Fitzgerald
Foghat
Gary Glitter
Robert Gorden
Grand Funk Railroad
Merle Haggard
Heart
Richard Hell and the Voidoids
John Lee Hooker
Husker Du
Joe Jackson
Jethro Tull
Joan Jett
Rickie Lee Jones
Joy Division
King's X
k.d. lang
London Suede
G. Love and Special Sauce
Manhattan Transfer
Mother's Finest
Mozart
Gary Numan
Ohio Players
Michael Penn
P. Funk
Pixies
The Pointer Sisters
Iggy Pop
Pretenders
Public Enemy
The Raspberries
The Rattlers
Rolling Stones
Linda Ronstadt
Roxy Music
The Sex Pistols
The Shaggs
Shoes
Dusty Springfield
Ruby Starr
Steely Dan
Barbra Streisand
Matthew Sweet
Tchaikovsky
Thin Lizzy
Three Dog Night
Timbuk 3
Tom Tom Club
Vivaldi
X

There's plenty more, believe me, but I think you get the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment