Monday, March 22, 2010

First apartment. First party.1978.

The lamp base had a large hole through its middle, with nothing in its immediate area that indicated a cause. It stood. Someone spilt beer on the ceiling (?!). The drain stopper from the kitchen sink lay under the stereo speaker in the living room. Throughout the house, silverware, beer and wine bottles and broken glass abounded.
The night before:
D'Arcy locked himself in his room and screamed that he was going to cut his wrists. While Eddie lay in the bathroom, throwing up, I kicked in D'Arcy's door and found him lying in bed. He drunkenly smiled at me. He had been hacking at his wrists with a disposable Bic safety razor. He survived.
At the height of wild abandon, a beer bottle throwing game began, leaving the living room wall looking like Swiss cheese. The poster being aimed at was unharmed.
"Shit!" Patricia cried.
"What's the matter?"
"I got glass in my ass!"
At some point, I smashed my hand through a window pane over the kitchen sink. "Jimmi!" I then smashed the second pane. "Damn, man!"
At the end of the evening, I made bologna gravy for D'Arcy.
Bologna gravy...

No comments:

Post a Comment