Friday, April 15, 2011

Obsessions. Kraftwerk.

Kraftwerk are the fathers of electronica. They were so far ahead of their time that most most people still haven't caught up. Although electronic music is often thought of as cold and sterile, Kraftwerk managed to infuse it with melody, warmth and, often, a sense of humor. Artists from many genres have been influenced by them - from rappers to Devo to Coldplay. To this day, I still hear Kraftwerk samples in songs.
I've been obsessed with them since I first heard "Autobahn" in 1974. I was, at that time, a member of the Columbia Record Club. When their next album, "Radio-activity," came out, I ordered it. That may be my all-time favorite.
Long live those Teutonic Man-Machines!
 
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. That's a great cover. I love the whole red, black and white thing (I've always thought that those were the real primary colors). Also, the red lipstick...

    ReplyDelete