Thursday, July 7, 2011

Waiting for rain.

I'm sitting here, at my desk, waiting for rain. The weather guy said there was a good chance tonight. That's good news. We haven't had more than a sprinkle in months - several long, extremely hot, summer months. My yard is brown and crunchy. My plants are dying.
I dragged a big area rug out and hoisted it on top of the car. After years of wear and tear (and pets), it needs a good soaking.
C'mon rain!
It's not just rain I'm waiting for. It seems as if I'm at a juncture where all I can do is wait. Everything in my life is on hold. I have a lawyer appointment, a doctor visit and a possible medical procedure coming up.
I'm waiting.
There's no telling when I'll hear from the Social Security office about my benefits appeal.
Waiting. Checking the mail.
I spoke in previous posts about "the ghost." She (yes, it's a she) may, or may not, come to visit, at the end of the month, with grown sons in tow.
Waiting.
I've applied for some assistance from Social Services.
I'm waiting on that. (Hang on - just one more week.)
Waiting. Sitting in Limbo. (I know how you feel, Jimmy Cliff.)
Clouds.
Thunder.
Still no rain.
I'm waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment