Monday, October 18, 2010

Lollapalooza 1991.

I recently found my ticket stubs for the first Lollapalooza Festival show, from 1991. Jebus! That was a long time ago! I remember thinking I was getting old then. If only that me could see this me!

The line up was as follows:

Ice T and Body Count
The Henry Rollins Band
The Butthole Surfers
Nine Inch Nails
Living Colour
Siouxsie and the Banshees
Jane's Addiction

Not necessarily in that order (but pretty close).
I feel like I'm forgetting someone. Oh well...

I went with a group of my friends and my new live-in, Christy. Because their car was full, Christy and I went in my car.
Although Jane's Addiction headlined, the band I was most excited about was Siouxsie and the Banshees.
It was a long, hot day in the middle of August, but we had a grand time. On the way home, however, my 1973 Duster's engine blew up. There was a hole the size of my fist in the engine block! We were on I-40, in the middle of nowhere, and it was about 2 o'clock in the morning. Luckily, this nice old dude, in a big car, stopped and offered to give us a ride. He was heading right past our house, on his way to the beach.
God, concerts used to be such adventures...
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment