Monday, June 27, 2011

4:26, on a hot June morning.

It's 4:26 in the morning. I'm sitting here at my computer watching Bette Midler, in grainy black and white, singing, and generally carrying on, at The Continental Baths, in NYC, circa 1971. This is amazing footage. A legend come to life. It's no wonder why WE love The Divine Miss M.
While surfing around, I learned of the 2004 death of Derek Frigo, the awesome guitarist from Enuff Z'Nuff, of a drug overdose. I saw him perform with the band in the early nineties. Guitar fireworks, spandex, wide brimmed hat and a ciggy jutting out of a bunch of hair. What a great show. RIP, Derek.
I was trying to convey to a friend, recently, how I feel like I'm in an alternate world, now. Like a ghost haunting the living. I'm not sure how well I got my point across. Saying that "things have changed" in the last 5 years doesn't even begin to cover it. I'm never fully present, these days.
I have to have a blood test done today and I have to get my disability appeal papers in order. It almost feels like my health concerns have become my job, sometimes.
That's about it, I suppose. I should really get back in bed, but I'll probably do a little more surfing. Heck, I'm hanging ten even as we speak...

No comments:

Post a Comment