Thursday, September 30, 2010

Rain.

It's been raining all week. Two feet of it has fallen in 5 days! That's some kind of record. All I know is torrential, unending, downpours, like we've had, sure help pinpoint leaks in an old house's roof. Like mine. I started thinking about Noah. Did his ark have a water tight roof? Were he and his sons competent carpenters/ark builders? I hope he had a bone dry ceiling. If you don't have to worry about water damage (a horrible, and often insidious, thing), you can lay back, after you've fed the animals, and dig the rain. If I had a brand new top on my house, I wouldn't mind 40 days and 40 nights. Let it rain. Let it rain.

Great rain songs:

"Here comes the Rain Again" by the Eurythmics.
"Rain" by the Beatles.
"Let it Rain" by Slow Hand.
"Rainy Night in Georgia" by Brook Benton.
"I Can't Stand the Rain" by Ann Peebles.
"Rain" by Mother's Finest.
"Rain on Me" by the Who.
"Laughter in the Rain" by Neil Sedaka.
"Have You Ever Seen the Rain"/"Who'll Stop the Rain?" by C.C.R.
"Fool in the Rain"/"The Rain Song" by Led Zep.
"Rainy Days and Mondays" by the Carpenters.
"Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head" by B.J. Thomas.
"Blue Eyes Crying in the Rain" by Willie Nelson.
And I'd like to include the E.L.O. song "Show Down" for its great chorus ("And it's raining all over the world...").

1 comment:

  1. Love Fool in the Rain. Wish we had some rain here. Not much water falls on the desert.

    ReplyDelete