Monday, May 17, 2010

Introduction to The Book of Spell.

When I was in high school - I think maybe a freshman - my friend Russell and I had a class with a guy named ----- Spell. While he was rather intelligent, he exhibited some unusual mannerisms. Bear in mind, we liked him, but he was just kind of an odd duck.
There was another unusual character in that class who would sometimes antagonize Spell. We began to see these two class mates in a mythological light. Good and Evil. Light and Dark. We began keeping a journal of the things they said and did with each other - and us. We began referring to the antagonist as Dalva, for a couple of different reasons, and called our journal "The Book of Spell."
As Russell and I were but lowly scribes, our verses were to be referred to as "Scribblings..."

No comments:

Post a Comment