Tuesday, February 16, 2010

My heart.

I got a call from UNC hospital today telling me that I need to go back up. My cardiologist wants to start me on some new medication and they have to keep me for a couple of days for observation. It's a 3 hour drive and I've already been up twice in the last week or so. This means missing more work. And taking more chances with my 11 year old car, that needs shocks, windshield wipers, tires, brakes and front end alignment.
I wish I wasn't alone, at times like these. I wouldn't even care so much about the outcome if I had someone to stand by me.
But, I have to do this. If my tachycardia keeps progressing, I'll have a heart attack and die.
I'm 49. I don't want to die just yet.
I have so many songs to record. I have plans for at least 15 paintings. And I've got enough home repair projects to last me for years.
My appointment is for Thursday. I hope everything goes well.

No comments:

Post a Comment