Sunday, August 1, 2010

Brie Fly (pt. 3)

As I sit here writing, I'm listening to The Mahavishnu Orchestra, an Eastern influenced, progressive, jazz fusion unit, backed by the London Symphony Orchestra. At any rate, it's not exactly top 40.

Another hangout for us, other than the cemetery, was a decaying 4 story brick structure, down in the woods, by the river, called the Packing House or the Slaughter House. It was a huge abandoned building, built around 1910, that was supposed to be a slaughter house, where cattle would be brought to be killed and packaged. I don't think it was ever completed. I shiver when I think of all of the nights we climbed those crumbling steps in drunken stupors. Sometimes, we would skip school and smoke pot from the top floor, with our feet dangling off the sides, where the walls had either never been constructed, crumbled or had been knocked down, over the years. One could see for miles in all directions.

As time went by, I began getting stoned more often, and attending classes. Although I was one of the 2 smartest kids in my school (Jameson being the other), I had failed once in the lower grades and again in high school. I was really a couple of grades behind, but the classes were mixed grades, so it didn't matter much.
I once laid out of my first 2 classes and got stoned with a friend. When I got to 3rd period, there was a lecturer. These are the notes I took:

"Do you take the newspar?"
"HBO makes it double."
She wrote on the board and her handwriting looked like Jameson's.
"Dope pays (sails) for itself."
"There goes that (schn-)fun!"
"I expect that's close. Can you come (any) closer?"
"Electricity is expensive."
Elmer spoke.
"I buy a lot of junk foods. I buy quick foods."
"People do use disposable diapers."
"A father, a son and 2 children."
"I was hard pressed that I..."
"All your cleaning things. Your paper goods."
"Zoo is not a if all you buy is food price."
"Back sliding."
"Lighk a snowball..."
Byy Johnny Shews."
"That makes the booyaowlll all evfen bigger!"
"I said, I didn't say."
"Most people are going to get married."
"Too late, right..."
Everybody can learn about a parent, but you don't learn anything about it at school."
"Little wrino!"
"Nmnomjonie read it, she knows!"

I'm remembering the aftermath of my first gay experience. I had to work that night. At work I felt light-headed and a terrible guilt flooded me. I began chain smoking. That's something I only do when I'm nervous. I couldn't believe what I had done. I felt I was perverted. Sick. Deranged. I was a queer. A faggot.

No comments:

Post a Comment