Monday, February 28, 2011

Concerts.

I've been going to concerts since 1976. That's 35 years! The photo (at the bottom of this post) is of an album of some of the tickets I still have. There's (Cheap Trick guitarist) Rick Nielsen's guitar pick. I gave Rick a copy of our tape (Stick The Live Guy's "Dog Water"). And (The Smithereens singer) Pat Dinizio's cigarette butt. He lit it as the band started up a song, took a puff and handed it to me. I smoked it (for some reason) and kept the butt. I gave him a copy of our tape, also.
I'm going to attempt to list the shows I've been to. I know I won't remember them all, but here goes:

Foreigner
Cheap trick (About 6 times. I've met them.)
AC/DC (3 times. Twice with Bon Scott.)
Ted Nugent
Golden Earring
Sammy Hagar (Twice.)
Henry Gross
Rush (3 times.)
Mother's Finest (About 7 times. I've met them.)
Nantucket (5 or 6 times.)
Brick
Atlantic Starr
Evelyn Champagne King
Yes (Twice.)
Black Oak Arkansas (Jim Dandy took a swig of my beer.)
Ruby Starr & Grey Ghost
REM
Let's Active
Robin Trower (3 times.)
Counting Crows
The Wallflowers
that dog.
Boston (Twice.)
Queensryche (Twice.)
Styx
Bad Company
Billy Squier
Alice Cooper (3 times.)
Steely Dan
The Rolling Stones
Lenny Kravitz
The Moody Blues (With the N.C. Symphony Orchestra.)
David Bowie
Nine Inch Nails (Twice.)
Aerosmith
The Smithereens
4 Non Blondes
King's X (4 Times. Met them.)
Quiet Riot
George Clinton & the P.Funk Allstars
Kiss (All original members.)
Joe Satriani (3 times.)
The Dixie Dregs (Twice. Met them.)
The Allman Brothers
Chet Atkins
The Ramones (3 times.)
The Trans-Siberian Orchestra
The B52s
The Butchies
Fountains of Wayne
Robyn Hitchcock & the Venus 3 (With Peter Buck. Met them.)
Edgar Winter (With Carmine Appice. Got Carmine and Edgar's autographs.)
Verve Pipe
G. Love & Special Sauce (Crowd surfed G.Love.)
Protein
Henry Rollins Band
Ice T. & Body Count
The Butthole Surfers
Living Colour
Siouxie & the Banshees
Jane's Addiction
Enuff Z'nuff
Firehouse
Britny Fox
Dag (Twice.)
Screaming Cheetah Wheelies
Drivin' n' Cryin'
Foghat (Twice. I strummed Lonesome Dave's guitar.)
Molly Hatchet
Drink Small
Randy Travis
Will Hoge
Southern Culture on the Skids
Missing Persons (Slapped hands with Dale Bozzio, who people are now comparing Lady Gaga to...)

There are countless others: Opening bands and people I've forgotten. I wasn't always in a clear state of mind...

 
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

  1. And I was there for a few of them:

    Cheap Trick
    Rush
    Mother's Finest (at least twice)
    Robin Trower
    Counting Crows
    The Wallfowers
    The Rolling Stones
    Lenny Kravitz
    The Moody Blues
    (Did I win those Bowie tickets and then not go?)
    The Smithereens
    George Clinton & the P.Funk Allstars
    Kiss (all original)
    Joe Satriani
    The Allman Brothers
    Chet Atkins
    The B52s
    Fountains of Wayne
    Robyn Hitchcock & the Venus 3
    G. Love & Special Sauce (twice)
    Dag (twice?)
    Southern Culture on the Skids
    Missing Persons
    Drink Small!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you were there for a LOT of them!
    We didn't see SCOTS together and I bought my Bowie ticket. But, you sure used to be a ticket winning fool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They threw chicken at the SKIDS concert, weren't you there? 1994, I think, at the Monk?

    And what about Blues Traveler, didn't we do that together? I think Mike was there, because it's really hazy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, I saw Southern Culture about a year ago, for the first time. Never seen Blues Traveler.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who in the hell did I see SCOTS with? I was at the Monk (the one on College) and they threw KFC chicken into the crowd!

    G-Love is at the Norva this Saturday night!

    ReplyDelete