Sunday, March 20, 2011

"Mortal" update.

Here are the lyrics to the theme song for "Mortal." There's a rough - really rough - version of it on video tape, just in case. I'm not feeling well, so the taped version sucks - but I wanted to document it.

"Mortal"

(Verse/chorus)
I am but flesh and blood
I'm just a human
Not much more than the air, than the air I breathe

Despite all my grand schemes
I amount to nothing
Just cut me anywhere, anywhere - I bleed

(Bridge)
Another year drifts by
Another time, another life
Another dream slip-slides into the sea

(Verse/chorus)

Each heartbeat
Each breath
The gift of life
The threat of death
Every dream
Every fear
All the friends
I hold dear
All the darkness
All the pain
All the anger
And the rain
The morning sun
In my eyes
The fits of laughter
The times I cried
For the always
And the never
And all the days I thought
I'd live forever...

(Lead)
(Bridge)
(Verse/chorus x 1 1/2)

No comments:

Post a Comment