Sunday, January 9, 2011

Strange obsession (for me, anyway).

I'm not a religious person. Maybe there is a god. Or there are gods. Whatever. The thing is there would be no way a human could understand him/her/them. That's why I don't want someone claiming they know the mind of god and telling me how I should live. Jeez, I could get riled up and go off on 6 different tangents here and lose track of what I originally wanted to say.
I love religious iconography. Christian, Buddhist, Hindu, tribal - this stuff is fascinating. And often gorgeous.
Of the Christian variety, I love the stuff from the middle ages and the Renaissance. I often buy bits like this plaque at flea markets and junk stores.
But, like I said, I'm not a religious person. I don't even play one on TV.
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment