Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year traditions.

I've just put on a HUGE pot of black eyed peas. I'll be eating them all week, probably. At least until I can no longer abide them. Now I need to put a dime on the window sill. I've been doing that forever and it never works, but now I think I know why.
A friend of mine told me, years ago, that it's good luck if you find a dime and give it to someone. Good luck for you both. Now, the way I look at it, if the dime was found on heads, good luck. If it was then given to you, double the luck. If you put that dime in a pot of black eyed peas, triple good luck. And if you take that dime out, after you've eaten the peas (be careful not to eat the dime) and put that dime on your window sill, that's QUADRUPLE good luck!
Oh, the dime has to go on the outside of the window, to bring money into the house. I think that's what I've been doing wrong. Put it on the inside and money will go out of the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment