Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Unpleasant photo alert.

This is the result of a combination of car repairs and blood thinners. I should have taken a photo before the blood congealed, when it was pouring down my hand. Oh well, this is gory enough.
My brother-in-law came over this morning and we managed to pull the front of the car out a good bit. I think I can work with it now. I called a local junk yard about some used body parts. They said, "Yeah, we have what you need." They gave me a price and everything. I went to the junkyard to get the parts and they told me, "Sorry, we don't have any parts to fit your car."
Ok.
I went to an auto parts store for my radiator and air conditioner condenser. Again, I had been quoted a price over the phone. When the guy rang up my purchases, it was $80 more than i had been quoted! I said, "Whoa!" I explained that I was given a price over the phone and that was not it. He said, "Let me see what I can do." He looked at his computer for a while and eventually came down to the original price. I tell ya, the auto parts business is crooked.
Right now, I'm waiting on a call from another junkyard. They may have what I'm looking for. If not, I have a Punk Rock back-up plan. Yes I do... This car WILL be back on the road in a couple of days.
 
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. "...we managed to pull the front of the car out a good bit"

    Are you sure you wouldn't be better off in the Scamp? Have you been filming your repairs?

    ReplyDelete