Tuesday, January 11, 2011

What a life...

A person's veins constrict when it's cold
Making things more conducive to heart failure
It's odd to have to consider notions like that
What a life...

My blood pressure dipped really low this morning
I don't know why
It doesn't make much sense to me
Nothing makes much sense anymore.

I think that concepts of order and value and meaning
Don't mean so much as you age
That's why old men just say what they think
And wear funny clothes.

It's hard to latch onto something
That's inherently beyond anyone's grasp
The beliefs you clung to for most of your life
Were only ribbons of smoke.

I look in the mirror sometimes
And become entranced
That man looking at me
Who is he?

Sometimes I feel ok
Other times I think I'm ready to board the train
Life has become so unpredictable
Smoke is hard to hold.

1 comment: