Friday, December 3, 2010

Cute vs Nasty.

Last night, I had a dream about a chimpanzee.
When I was a kid, I longed to own a chimpanzee. I was in love with W.K., the chimp from "Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom." I just knew that owning a chimpanzee would make my life worth living. They're so smart and CUTE!
My uncle ruined the cute part for me. He told me that they could be mean and nasty, that they had the strength of several men and would often attack their "owners." In short, chimpanzees were wild animals.
In my dream, last night, there was a chimp who was not only smart and cute, but could talk. I mean, he talked like a chimpanzee (isn't that a Bangles song?), but it was in English. At one point, when we were playing, rolling around on the floor, he asked me if I liked Dionne Warwick. "I do," I said. He then began to sing "The Look of Love." Now, "The Look of Love" IS a Bacharach/David song and Dionne, who, of course, was closely associated with them, did do a version of it. But, the version that's best known is the original Dusty Springfield recording - which was a big hit. So, I would say that it was Dusty's song.
Having the knowledge I had of chimps, thanks to my uncle, I wasn't about to correct him. Besides, he did do a pretty good rendition. You know, for an ape.
And he was SOOO cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment