Thursday, December 2, 2010

It's cold this morning (reeling).

It's cold this morning - and my life's on hold.
People keep asking what I'm going to do.
I know I have to move - but I'm still in shock.
I was totally blindsided. Has that ever happened to you?
Have you ever had the rug pulled out from under you?
Have you ever been sucker punched?
Have you ever been made to feel that you're losing your grip on reality?
Well, I have.
I'm trying to take things one day at a time.
I'm trying to keep an open mind - while closing off the past.
Try that. It's not easy.
Try negotiating the world alone - maneuvering without a co-pilot.
Je suis une ame solitare.
Picking myself up, dusting myself off - these are well known rituals.
This time, though, I have a deep hole to crawl out of.
It may take some time.
Be patient with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment