Sunday, December 19, 2010

"MEMOS."

Mon. 11-10-80 (Note: We finally have a year...)

Wake up call at 7:00, my body still says it's the middle of the night. Breakfast of tea (coffee), juice and ass. rolls with butter and an assortment of jams. Don off to the exhibition. I inquire about Nymphenburg Palace, but all museums are closed on Mondays. Weather is cold, cloudy, slight dusting of snow on roof tops. Went to see the Glockenspiel on the new city hall. A large crowd gathered to watch. The chimes lasted about 10 minutes and the figures danced. There was also a joust and one rider fell. It is just too cold to walk around and I am too intimidated by the language to try and shop by myself, so I return to the hotel.
Went out to dinner with Don's Japanese friends - a Japanese restaurant in Munich. Great food - raw fish, small piece of raw squid, raw beef all dipped in small bowel of sauce, quick fried veg. to dip in another sauce, fish and shell fish quick fried and flavored with garlic to dip in yet another sauce, delicious beef and bean sprouts quick fried + sauce and rice. Soy bean soup with small chunks of tofu and sea weed in it, desert was slightly sauteed fruit (kiwi, apples, pineapple, bananas, and maraschino cherries) with raisin ice cream all flamed and served with a sauce. Until soup and dessert, I ate everything with chop sticks. I sure made Mr. Sumii laugh at my efforts. Mr. Kobota gave Don a lovely Saki set and Mr. Kowata gave me a beautiful Japanese doll. I think the restaurant was in Schwaberg. After one drink in the hotel we took a midnight stroll and then to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment